Raspberry PI Brick UI

You have questions or need help around BierBot Bricks - this is the right place.
Chuckg

Raspberry PI Brick UI

Post by Chuckg »

Did see if I asked this before. Not sure why I wouldn't. Is there a GUI for the PI? Would love to be able to access it via web (phone) to turn off transmission and/or relay control when not actively using it. I am always messing with my tech but would love to not use your server cycles if not actually brewing.

Chuck
Bernhard
Site Admin

Re: Raspberry PI Brick UI

Post by Bernhard »

Hey Chuck,

don't worry about my server cycles. Currently my brain cycles (a.k.a. time) are the most limiting factor.

We were discussing elsewhere (cannot find it atm) the possiblity to enable "generic" switches and sensor. These do not map to any preset function like heating/cooling/agitation, have to be named after creation and can be displayed in a dashboard like manner.

That's currently #3 on my top TODO list because this adds a lot of flexibility.

Would that help you, at least to some extend?

Cheers,
Bernhard.
Chuckg

Re: Raspberry PI Brick UI

Post by Chuckg »

I'll go back an look at the threads to get more info. Not sure it would work for this instance. I was wondering about connecting to the pi via web/gui to enable/disable its connection to your server and maybe relays, tilt etc. If that was a button on bierbot.com then once the connection between the pi and bierbot.com was terminated there would be no way to start it back up. If there is not GUI for the pi brick itself, I will just try to come up with something myself. I am always looking for a meaningful project.

Speaking of, I am just about done adding support for the "current" Raspberry Pi OS (Bookworm). I and at least one other user ran into the issue of bookworm not working. Putting the finishing touches on it and will do a PR I think it is called. Github is new to me.

Chuck