Temp -127c

You have questions or need help around BierBot Bricks - this is the right place.
GeneDark

Re: Temp -127c

Post by GeneDark »

Sorry for my late reply. As Chuckg has already written, you can see the assignment here: https://templates.blakadder.com/sonoff_THR320.html
I have connected this as follows:

Picture
orig. Pic my DS18B20 ESP
1 (Yellow on image) RED 3V3 GPIO27 providing 3V3
2 (Green on image) YELLOW GPIO25 data
3 (Red on image) NC NC
4 (Black on image) BLACK GND

It works for me with a sonoff origin th 16a and sonoff origin th 20a, so it should also work with a sonoff elite th 20a. At the moment, however, the display remains unused with the available firmware. The code, with use of the display, is available from Bernhard on GitHub to compile yourself, but not yet as a finished binary for download.
andre.nel@icloud.com

Post by andre.nel@icloud.com »

How do I submit a PR. None of the suppliers where I live (south Africa) have stock of the DS probe anymore.
Chuckg

Post by Chuckg »

andre.nel@icloud.com wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:04 am None of the suppliers where I live (south Africa) have stock of the DS probe anymore.
I assume you have the new style probe (https://sonoff.tech/product/wts01/). From what I read that probe is actually the same type of probe as the old model. It is a standard DS18B20. You can cut the black plastic part close to the RJ9 connector off. Then ideally crimp a new RJ9 connector on. If you can't get an RJ9 connector and crimper, you might cut out the black part leaving as much wire free on both sides. Then cut open the wire and manually wire the two ends together. Not ideal, but it could get you by.

Chuck
Fmm2

Post by Fmm2 »

I had a lot of trouble with the connection between the Jack and connector. I ended up soldering the 3 wires to the board to confirm that they were mapped properly. I then disassembled it and replaced the rj9 jack and it still didn’t work. I eventually fixed by manually bending the pins in the jack to better contact the connector.

Thanks for the help.
andre.nel@icloud.com

Chuckg wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:31 pm
andre.nel@icloud.com wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:04 am None of the suppliers where I live (south Africa) have stock of the DS probe anymore.
I assume you have the new style probe (https://sonoff.tech/product/wts01/). From what I read that probe is actually the same type of probe as the old model. It is a standard DS18B20. You can cut the black plastic part close to the RJ9 connector off. Then ideally crimp a new RJ9 connector on. If you can't get an RJ9 connector and crimper, you might cut out the black part leaving as much wire free on both sides. Then cut open the wire and manually wire the two ends together. Not ideal, but it could get you by.

Chuck
Thanks, I have a crimper, will get some RJ9s and give it a bash.
andre.nel@icloud.com

andre.nel@icloud.com wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:26 pm
Chuckg wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:31 pm

Chuck
Thanks, I have a crimper, will get some RJ9s and give it a bash.
After cutting the plastic thingy, connecting wires and then using heat shrink to seal everything up. Probe now reads temperature correctly. Thanks gents.
Chuckg

Post by Chuckg »

Glad to hear it. Happy Brewing!!!!

Chuck
Bernhard
Site Admin

Post by Bernhard »

Fmm2 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:27 am Had anyone made the Elite work?
Elite is fully supported including display by the code https://github.com/BernhardSchlegel/Brick-32. However, I did not have time to review the code yet which is why I did not create a new (binary) release. If you follow the instructions on the DEV page, you should be able to compile and flash - which sounds scarier than it is.
andre.nel@icloud.com wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:04 am How do I submit a PR.
There are a bunch of tutorials online available as this is not BierBot specific. But in general: You fork the repo to your github profile, you checkout the code to your PC, you create a local branch (i.e. "feature/wts01-sens"), you chance the code locally, you push your branch to your repo, you create a PR using Github UI from your repo into my repo.

Cheers,
Bernhard.