Temp -127c

You have questions or need help around BierBot Bricks - this is the right place.
Fmm2

Temp -127c

Post by Fmm2 »

I assembled a bier Brick with a sonoff elite th 20a.

I finally got connected to the app and it was recognized. I tried to calibrate but the temperature is unmoving at -127 C.

I tried a new temp probe but it didn’t work.

Have anyone seen this? Any suggestions?
GeneDark

Re: Temp -127c

Post by GeneDark »

Hi Fmm2,

what kind of temperature sensor is being used?

BR Eugen
Fmm2

Post by Fmm2 »

SONOFF WTS01 High Precision Temperature Sensor,TH Elite/Origin Accessory, RJ9(4P4C) Interface

I did notice that bierbot recognized the sensor and printed the sensor ID. But temp does not change with heating or unplugging.

Thanks.
GeneDark

Post by GeneDark »

I had the same problem and connected a "native" DS18B20 with a 3m cable. Now it shows the correct temperature.
There's something in the cable that I do not believe the BierBot can handle.
Have a look here: https://github.com/arendst/Tasmota/discussions/19373

You can find the pin assignment for the 18B20 here: https://templates.blakadder.com/sonoff_THR320.html

This is how I solved the problem. But Bernhard probably has a better solution.

BR Eugen
Fmm2

Post by Fmm2 »

Thank you Br Eugen for your help. I will try that.
Bernhard
Site Admin

Post by Bernhard »

Hi Eugen,

thanks for jumping in. Unfortunately, I don't have a better solution. If someone with the new temperature sensor wants to submit a PR: more than welcome!

Cheers,
Bernhard.
Fmm2

Post by Fmm2 »

Eugen,

I have one more question.

Can you show me how you wired your sensor into the Rj9 connector?

The lead I have has the standard 3 wires: black (negative), red (positive) and yellow (data).

I replaced them the way they came wired but i suspect that’s wrong and why it is not working.

Looking at how the wires plug into the jack (Holding the wire with the tab) up they are addressed 4,3,2,1

I wired my pins:
1: red
2: yellow
3: empty
4 black

Is that correct?

What I am asking is which pin positions should the wires be located in the plug.

I am really surprised that the sonoff sensor doesn’t work out of the box. This makes me think their pin addressing is different it seems that no one else used their sensor.

Thanks everybody for your help. Sorry for the wordy description. Just trying to communicate clearly.
Chuckg

Post by Chuckg »

The TASMOTA link provided before ( https://templates.blakadder.com/sonoff_THR320.html ) should work for building a straight DS18B20. It even has a nice photo so you can make out the wire colors. According to the other link, SONOFF decided to put a Integrated Circuit (IC) between the sensor and the connector on the new device. End result seems to be the sensor is not seen by the SONOFF as a DS18B20. The writer cut the IC off, reconnected the new sensor and confirmed the sensor is a DS18B20. Bernhard will like need to modify the firmware to support that new plug. It does appear SONOFF still sells the original sensor as well though.

Any way, I can confirm the TASMOTA link works. I used it setup a longer DS18B20 I built.

Happy Brewing and Botting,
Chuck
Fmm2

Post by Fmm2 »

Perhaps my problem is that I am using a TH Elite. I have checked the posts and it appears to be consistent. I will get an origin and try again.

Had anyone made the Elite work?

Thanks for the advice.
Chuckg

Post by Chuckg »

If I remember correctly it will work but the display will be off or incorrect. Can't say for sure though. The Elite I got a year or so ago I blew up immediately by leaving the Serial converter on 5V. As long as you don't do that, you are already ahead of the game. LOL

Chuck