Brew/Fermentation temperature versus used Brick

You have questions or need help around BierBot Bricks - this is the right place.
JoDaNl

Re: Brew/Fermentation temperature versus used Brick

Post by JoDaNl »

Hi Bernhard,

I've send you the API-key.

regards, Jos
JoDaNl

Post by JoDaNl »

Hi Bernard,

Just a quick update from my end. Yesterday late (around 11pm) I got a response from the LCD API back. In my view I did not change anything regarding the LCD API code. So I saved the debug-log output of my Bookes-Brick. See below.
I quickly re-tested this morning, now suddenly the response is 'Internal' again! This is easily to reproduce by entering the request-URL in browser.
As mentioned before, the first time I see a response, go in to the UI an confirm the new display...but the secondary request returns an 'Internal' message.

Code: Select all

[COMMS] response LCD API={"result":"success","error":0,"error_text":"","warning":0,"warning_text":"","settings":{"temperatureUnit":"celsius","displayBrewEveryS":5,"showLocalIP":false},"brews":[{"currentTemperatureC":{"na":-273,"primary":14.8,"secondary":-273,"hlt":-273,"mlt":-273},"id":"EelH8Kk7yVtJekgNCl7I","name":"Fermentation 2nd","targetTemperatureC":0,"nextEvents":[]}],"next_request_ms":15000}
[COMMS] TEMP API url=https://bricks.bierbot.com/api/iot/v1?apikey=XXXXXXXXXXXXX&type=bookes&brand=bierbot&version=0.2&chipid=233865988974512&s_number_temp_0=12.90&s_number_temp_id_0=0&a_bool_epower_0=1&a_bool_epower_1=0
[COMMS] response TEMP API={"error":0,"error_text":"","warning":0,"warning_text":"","next_request_ms":10000,"epower_0_state":1,"epower_1_state":0,"used_for_devices":"[\"ZkDZ3LqDbYFZdH9q9cBX\"]"}

There's a second remark. This thread started with the question if it's possible to link the a brew (or better: the brew-temperature) reported by the LCD-API to a certain brick. For this you added the "used_for_devices" field. So as can been seen in the log above, I got that response. Next I started a recipe called "Fermentation 2nd"...which is shown also in the log.
But the "id" field from the LCD-API and "used_for_devices" are not equal. So how should I link that information?

So now we have 2 questions in 1 thread...sorry ;)

Kind regards,

Jos
Bernhard
Site Admin

Post by Bernhard »

Hi Jos,

regarding your first question: I was not able to reproduce you error. Tried various times at different times. :( Is it working for you now?

regarding your second question: I will create a separate endpoint something like /devices which will give a you a list of all devices and /devices/id123123id42 to get more information about the device. Would that help?

Cheers,
Bernhard.
JoDaNl

Post by JoDaNl »

Hi Bernhard,

In the meantime I got responsed back from the LCD-API. No clue why this was happening. But happy that it works again :-)

Regarding the 2nd question...not sure what you exactly mean. What is the definition of a device ? A temperature sensor or an actuator, or a Brick?

Regards, Jos
JoDaNl

Post by JoDaNl »

Hi Bernhard,

Kind reminder to have a look at my last question.

Regards, Jos
Bernhard
Site Admin

Post by Bernhard »

Hi Jos,

sorry I forgot - thanks for the reminder.

There are four levels:
- Interface: Something like a temperature sensor or relais
- Brick: A device like a Sonoff TH, Raspberry Pi, TILT, iSpindel
- Device: Virtual aggregation of interfaces from one or multiple Bricks. Surfaces under the equipment page. Examples are "Fermenter" / or an instance of a Mashtun.
- Brew: Combining one or more Devices into one process which is being tracked.

Makes sense?

Cheers,
Bernhard.
JoDaNl

Post by JoDaNl »

Hello Bernhard,

You wrote:
I will create a separate endpoint something like /devices which will give a you a list of all devices and /devices/id123123id42 to get more information about the device. Would that help?
Could you please give a short example of this? I'm not completely following what you mean.

Kind regards,
Jos
JoDaNl

Post by JoDaNl »

Hi Bernhard,

Sorry to bother you once more...could you maybe provide an example?

Regards, Jos
Bernhard
Site Admin

Post by Bernhard »

Hi Jos, I'll try to implement it on the weekend and provide you a working example here. Cheers, Bernhard.
Bernhard
Site Admin

Post by Bernhard »

Hey Jos,

I got something really nice cooked! API is available and documentation can be found here: https://docs.bierbot.com/developer-section/pro-api

You just need to go here https://bricks.bierbot.com/#/brewery/admin and enable it.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks for your contributions,
Bernhard.